“ElderDog Canada is an amazing charity that I am very passionate about.
I will be making a donation to ElderDog Canada in each client’s name” ~ Nicolle
WHAT IS ELDERDOG CANADA?
ElderDog Canada Inc. is a national, community-based,
non-profit organization with a mission to:
- assist and support older adults in the care and well-being of their canine companions
- provide care and companionship for older dogs who have lost a human companion
- educate health and animal care professionals and people of all ages about the human-animal bond and the role of companion animals in the health and well-being of seniors
- honour life and loss of canine companions through consolation and commemoration
ElderDog programs include:
- help for seniors with daily dog care activities
- foster care and adoption of older dogs
- long-term care planning for companion dogs
- volunteering, service learning, education, and research opportunities
- bereavement support
- commemoration and perpetual care
WHAT DO ELDERDOG VOLUNTEERS DO?
The work of ElderDog is only made possible by the commitment of dedicated volunteers who donate valuable time and skills.
ElderDog volunteers are involved in:
- Leadership and committee work
- Daily care activities (e.g., dog walking, food delivery, transportation to and from vet)
- Foster care of older dogs
- Professional care assistance (e.g., grooming, animal health, bereavement counselling)
- Technical and artistic activities (e.g., photography, writing, woodworking, knitting, sewing)
- Education and outreach, research and writing
- Communication and outreach (e.g., website development, public relations)
What Does ElderDog Need Most Now?
Corporate sponsorship, financial contributions, scholarship sponsorship, fund raisers, marketing and public relations assistance, researchers/writers, regional/local coordinators